Horace G. Ilderton worked for a Dodge dealer in Charlestown, SC where he was the top salesman in the Southeast. It was not long before he was invited to the Dodge Headquarters in Greensboro, NC for an award. While he was there he was offered a position as the manager of the Greensboro Dodge store and the High Point Dodge store. He chose the High Point location.
On October 26, 1926 Horace G. Ilderton established Horace G Ilderton Inc. (later known as Ilderton Dodge) on the corner of Commerce and Willowbrook Street, which is now Elm Street.
Our President, T. Carey Ilderton, joined his father at the Company in January, 1946, after returning from World War II. He encouraged his father, Horace, to build a new building. In 1950 they constructed the building in which the dealership is located today. Soon after they began purchasing adjoining properties and continue to do so even now as we plan our next expansion.
In 1972 Ilderton started an endeavor to sell and service vehicles equipped to transport the physically-challenged. At first, it was mostly to offer mobility to customers in wheelchairs. Now we sell and service wheelchair accessible vans and specialty conversion vans for many individual and business needs. Since 1972, Ilderton Conversion Company has grown to three locations; High Point, Charlotte and Charleston, SC, specializing in full size and mini van conversions.
The management team today is led by our President, T. Carey Ilderton and his sons, Tim Ilderton and Steve Ilderton.
701 S. MAIN STREET, HIGH POINT, NC 27260